St. Gemma Galgani

St. Gemma Galgani
"What would have become of me, if I have not had Her?" -St. Gemma

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Genesis 37-42

Selected Lectio Reading:
Genesis 37-42

Meditatio/Reflection:

Joseph was very connected with all kinds of dreams. He could interpret others dreams as well as his own. I see this as a very important gift. Not many people today can actually understand what our dreams mean. This is especially troublesome since God talks to us a lot in dreams. In this instance, God explained the future through different dreams. He told Joseph that one day his brothers would bow to him which was true as well as the 7 good years of food surplus and the 7 years of famine which was also true.

However, modern day people usually think of their dreams as weird hallucinations that our brains just mash together. While some of that may be true, there are also instances where they may seem stupid but are very meaningful. I remember when my grandmother had passed away and I was missing her. A few months later I had this dream where I saw her eyes and she told me that she loved me. It definitely helped me carry on.

Thanksgiving:

I am very thankful for healthy families and for all the cures to all the sicknesses we have.

Oratio/Prayer Intention:

Oh Lord, please watch over those with any type of cancer and heal them as quickly as possible so they may live their lives to the fullest. Please look over those with fatal sicknesses and make them as comfortable as possible.



Quote of the Day:

"Our fingerprints cannot be erased from the lives of those we have touched." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment