St. Gemma Galgani

St. Gemma Galgani
"What would have become of me, if I have not had Her?" -St. Gemma

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Genesis 27-30

Selected Lectio Reading:
Genesis 27-30

Meditatio/Reflection:

It's interesting how my perspective changed when it comes to Esau and Jacob. When I was younger (and being the youngest), I thought that Jacob was cool about how got back at his brother and gained the upper hand. But now I realize just how much of a terrible person that Jacob was. It wasn't Esau's fault that he came out of the womb first so when Jacob takes Esau's birthright, it's pretty harsh. Then Jacob gets even more corrupt when his mother and him steal Esau's blessing. I know that a son always wants to be accepted and loved by his father. And when Esau learns that Issac has no blessing for him, he isn't completely outraged. No, he cries. "Esau said to his father, 'Have you only on blessing, father? Bless me, me also, father!' And Esau lifted up his voice and wept." (Genesis 27:38) Esau weeps when Issac does not bless him. I can almost hear the pain in his voice when he asks his father to bless him. Yet, even after this happened, Jacob was still forgiven by God and built the twelve tribes of Israel.

Thanksgiving:

I am thankful for the love I get from the people around me and how they show my that they love me.

Oratio/Prayer Intention:

Lord, please look over my sister while she learns in college.




Quote of the Day:

"In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart." -Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment