St. Gemma Galgani

St. Gemma Galgani
"What would have become of me, if I have not had Her?" -St. Gemma

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Genesis 12-15



Selected Lectio Reading:
Genesis 12-15

Meditatio/Reflection:

In Genesis 13, Abram is talking to Lot and trying to divide the land between the two of them. Abram handles it in the way that they do not fight over anything, but peacefully agree and stay friends. They way that Abram handled everything was beautiful. He said, "Let there be no strife between you and me, and between your herders and my herders; for we are kindred. Is not the whole land before you? Separate yourself from me. If you take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if you take the right hand, then I will go to the left." (Genesis 13:8-9) He basically shares the land that is his and he doesn't hesitate to offer it to his nephew. Even when Lot chooses the more "furnished" land, Abram does not argue.

In modern day life, not many people peacefully agree nor offer such important things. Usually the son of the father will take up the land but, Abram gives it to his nephew. Most people are selfish and only look at their well-being. They take what is theirs and hide it from others. We should learn from Abram and be more generous in what we give.

Thanksgiving:

I am thankful for my belongings and for all those who have shared with me. Whether it be food, a hug, or a part of themselves.

Oratio/Prayer Intention:

Please look after my mother, for she has sacrificed so much for me. My grandfather as well.



Quote of the Day:

“A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.” -John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment